Fourth N.H. diversity conference set for Sept. 19
“Working with New Hampshire Businesses, Creating Opportunities, Building Bridges and Forging Alliances for a More Diverse New Hampshire,” the fourth annual New Hampshire Cultural Diversity Awareness Council Diversity Conference, Expo and Career Fair for Business and Education, begins 11:30 a.m. Sept. 19 at the Center of New Hampshire in Manchester.
Focus of the event will be on ethnicity, women and people with disabilities, including a discussion of why diversity is important for business, how to avoid common pitfalls in building a diverse workplace, learning about the many faces of New Hampshire.
Keynote speakers and panelists include:
• Erle Pierce, vice president, Verizon-New Hampshire
• U.S. Rep. Jeb Bradley
• Gov. John Lynch
• Steven Preston, administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration
• State Education Commissioner Dr. Lyonel B. Tracy
• Elizabeth Moore, a labor and employment attorney and partner with the law firm of Nixon Peabody
• David Casey, vice president of diversity and workplace culture for Wellpoint/Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
A Career Fair, a diversity supplier expo, and several business startup and franchise workshops will follow the luncheon event. Employers interested in participating will have the advantage to showcase their businesses and meet with potential new employees.
For more information, visit nhcdac.org or call Wayne Jennings, chairman of the council, at 494-4723 or 487-2349.