Marian is the Senior Vice Provost for Research, Economic Engagement and Outreach at UNH
Outstanding Women in Business
The Outstanding Women in Business Awards celebrate the success and achievements of women across New Hampshire’s diverse business community.
The Outstanding Women in Business Awards celebrate New Hampshire women who have truly excelled, not only in their professional lives but also as leaders and role models in their communities. While many of these women come from different industries and walks of life, they share several traits — a strong sense of self, a success-driven work ethic and the extraordinary accomplishments to show for it. Their commitment, vision and talents make them true leaders in their chosen fields.
In addition, NH Business Review will present, for the seventh time, our Advocate for Women’s Empowerment Award (AWE Award). The AWE Award honors an individual or organization that has made a lasting impact on empowering women and girls in the Granite State.
This year’s AWE Award recipient is Arts in Reach. Based in the seacoast and established in 1997, Arts In Reach empowers teenage girls and gender expansive youth ages 11 to 22 through inclusive, creative community.
Congratulations to the 2022 recipients:
- Amy Heymans, Founder and Chief Experience Officer of Mad*Pow
- Elizabeth Cash Hitchcock, CEO, Founder, Owner, and Real Estate Developer of the Orbit Group, Minim, The Bookery Manchester, Factory on Willow, LLC
- Michelle McEwen, FACHE, CPA, President & CEO of Speare Memorial Hospital
- Sandra Almonte, Owner of Don Quijote Restaurant
- Judy Rogers, Owner, Prime Roast Coffee Co.
- Marian McCord, Senior Vice Provost for Research, Economic Engagement and Outreach of University of New Hampshire
Meet NH Business Review’s Outstanding Women in Business class of 2022 during an inspiring panel with the recipients, moderated by Associate Editor Amanda Andrews. The discussion will explore the tremendous contributions these women have made to the state’s business community and in their personal and professional lives.
2021 Outstanding Women in Business Awards Virtual Ceremony
Thank you to those who attended this event on February 11, 2021. The entire ceremony can be viewed below.