Three families homeless after fire


A Thursday morning fire in an apartment house left three families homeless.

Both the apartment house and much of the occupants’ belongings received heavy fire and smoke damage, according to the Greater Nashua & Souhegan Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross.

The Red Cross is providing the families – five adults and four children – with temporary lodging in a Nashua motel, replacement clothing and toilet articles.

All three families need replacement apartments. Those with apartments available for rent in the Wilton area should call 889-6664. The Red Cross will coordinate offers of assistance from the community.