NH Tech Alliance launches statewide listening tour
Seven stops planned to ‘foster new ideas, connections and partnerships’
The NH Tech Alliance will make the first stop in October as part of a planned three-month listening tour with the goal of better supporting the state’s tech ecosystem.
The first of seven events will take place from 8 to 8:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 10, at B2W Software, a construction technology company headquartered in Portsmouth. The focus of the discussion will be on the state’s startup ecosystem.
“The alliance designed this listening tour to tap into the knowledge, expertise and needs of the experts in the community,” said Julie Demers, newly named executive director of the Tech Alliance. “Technology is a driver of so much of what we do in business today. We want to hear from members, nonmembers and the tech sector to ensure that the alliance truly aligns the organization’s vision, programming and advocacy efforts with the needs of the business community we serve.”
For those unable to attend the forum,, the alliance is developing an online forum through which individuals can share their feedback. Information will be shared and reviewed by the alliance’s board of directors to guide the organization’s strategy for building partnerships and shaping public policy, Demers said.
“The tech ecosystem is a core element of the current and future economic success of New Hampshire,” said Demers. “We hope these tours will foster new ideas, connections and partnerships given how interconnected we all are in the Granite State.”
The full schedule is:
- Tuesday, Oct. 10, 8 to 9:30 a.m., B2W Software, 99 Bow St., Portsmouth
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 8 to 9:30 a.m., Hypertherm, 71 Heater Rd., Lebanon
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, 8 to 9:30 a.m., Waypoint Robotics, 248 Main Dunstable Rd., Nashua
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, 8 to 9:30 a.m., Littleton Academic Center of White Mountains Community College, 646 Union St., Littleton
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 8 to 9:30 a.m., Mainstay Technologies, 201 Daniel Webster Highway, Belmont
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 8 to 9:30 a.m., Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship, 25 Roxbury St., Keene
- Tuesday, Dec. 3 (snow date Thursday, Dec. 12), 8 to 9:30 a.m., Geneia, 50 Commercial St., 3rd Floor, Manchester.