Take tour of Mine Falls 1816 Gatehouse
NASHUA – In conjunction with its monthly series of Trail Days in Mine Falls Park, Nashua area residents will have the opportunity to tour the Mine Falls 1816 Gatehouse.
The city, Mayor Donnalee Lozeau, the Division of Public Works and Mine Falls Advisory Committee invite the public to visit the newly restored gatehouse Saturday from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. to see the mechanics that brought power to the textile mills downtown.
In addition, the Mine Falls Committee will conduct a Trail Day cleanup of the park from 9 a.m.-noon. This month’s Trail Day is sponsored by Home Depot.
Volunteers are needed, and all are welcome. Trail Days involve a clean up in the park and some renovation of existing trails and bridges.
Trail Day participants are urged to meet at the Lincoln Park entrance to Mine Falls at 9 a.m. Saturday dressed appropriately for yard work. The entrance is off Exit 6 behind Hannaford supermarket. The cleanup and renovation time runs from 9 a.m.-noon. Those interested may also contact the Mine Falls Advisory Committee at 589-3400, ext. 5005. Chairman is Sean P. Neary, of Nashua.
Future Trail Days are scheduled for Sept. 27 and Oct. 24. Park hours are from 6 a.m.-10 p.m.