Six NH companies receive job training funds
Matching grants will help 130 workers learn new skills
Six New Hampshire companies have received grants that will help them train 130 employees in new skills.
The job training grants total $77,105. The companies matched the training funds, bringing the total amount for training to $154,210.
Receiving the grants are:
• Associated Grocers of New England Inc. of Pembroke, which received a grant of up to $12,495 for nine employees to receive training in leadership development at the University of New Hampshire, front-line management at New Hampshire Technical Institute, and CDL at Lakes Region Community College.
• Delta Dental Plan of NH, Concord, was awarded $9,750 Concord for four employees to receive training from the UNH Leadership Development Program.
• Globe Manufacturing Company LLC of Pittsfield received a grant of $7,500 to train three employees at the UNH Leadership Development Program.
• Titeflex Aerospace (Smith Tubular Systems Inc.) of Laconia was granted $21,200 for 60 employees to receive training in lean manufacturing from the New Hampshire Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
• GL&V USA Inc. of Nashua received a grant of $14,310 for training 20 workers in lean manufacturing at Nashua Community College.
• Whitney Brothers Company of Keene received $11,850 for 34 employees to receive lean manufacturing training at NHMEP.