Five finalists named in Granite State Growth Competition
$25,000 prize will be presented at May 9 pitch event
Five finalists have been named in the Regional Economic Development Center’s Granite State Growth Competition.
The five finalist for the top prize of $25,000 are:
- BIG INK of Newmarket, which is seeking to expand the practice of woodblock printing to both hobbyists and professional artists. To do this, the organization sets up temporary print shops at partner sites, including museums, universities, art centers and galleries, and selects artists to participate.
- Cyborg of Manchester is a gamified mobile fitness platform using activity-equalizing algorithms to create athletic metrics optimized for virtual competition. Users can track and log gamified workouts on the app and earn points to compete with others.
- NH Tap, located in Jaffrey, designs and builds water filtration products, offering water purification solutions that include whole-home treatment installation and smart tap water.
- TrueProp Software, located in Durham, creates solutions for the marine propulsion industry. The company’s flagship software product, TrueProp, interfaces with existing inspection equipment for marine propellers and guides the operator through the propeller inspection and repair process.
- YouScheduler, also in Durham, simplifies and centralizes data across universities by providing a single platform to maximize efficiency and cross-department communication. The application allows students to plan their weekly schedules based on classes, personalized breaks and preferences.
“We could not be happier with the quality and diversity of applicants we received for this competition,” said Laurel Adams, president of REDC.
The companies will present their final pitches at the Raymond-based REDC’s 25th anniversary celebration on Thursday, May 9, at Birch Wood Vineyards in Derry. celebration will begin at 5 p.m. and pitches will start at 7. Tickets are available for $25. Tickets for the pitch segment of the evening are available for $10. For tickets, click here.