Fire displaces second family

NASHUA — The fire last week in a duplex on Anvil Drive displaced both families from their homes.

The fire started with a candle left burning in a basement bedroom of 67 Anvil Drive, and damaged the home on that side of the building.

The fire also caused smoke damage within 69 Anvil Drive, and though that side initially was deemed habitable, the fire had damaged the utility connections. Water, gas and electrical service to the building was shut off, and Jason and Christine Kammann and their three children moved to another, nearby home owned by the same landlord, Jason Kammann said Monday.

“The landlord was awesome,” and many neighbors also pitched in with clothing for the children, he said.