Burn victim in ‘good’ condition

NASHUA – A 12-year-old boy who got burned while playing with gasoline and matches Sunday evening was listed in good condition Monday at Shriners Hospital in Boston, a spokeswoman said.

The boy, a student at Elm Street Middle School, was badly burned on one leg after lighting some gasoline with which he and another boy had been playing, the boy’s older brother said.

The incident took place on Palm Street at around 7 p.m. Sunday.

The boy was brought to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center and then transferred to Shriners Hospital, which specializes in burn treatment.

Fire Inspector Rick Wood investigated the incident, but could not be reached Monday.