Broad Street Parkway named NH’s top engineering achievement
Five firms honored for their work on Nashua project
The Broad Street Parkway project in Nashua, which opened in December 2015, was awarded the honor of “Overall Winner” at the recent 2017 Engineering Excellence Awards luncheon.
The luncheon was held, March 16 at the Puritan Backroom in Manchester.
The winner as the year’s most outstanding engineering achievement by a New Hampshire firm was a joint entry by Hayner/Swanson, Stantec, Sanborn Head, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff and VHB.
Other winners were:
• Manchester Retools the Aeration Basins at Wastewater Treatment Facility, Manchester. Client: City of Manchester. Firm: Wright-Pierce.
• Main Street Complete Street Design, Concord. Client: City of Concord. Firm: McFarland Johnson
• Great Dam Removal and Exeter River Restoration, Exeter. Client: Town of Exeter. Firm: VHB
• Groundwater Supply with In Situ Iron Removal, Cape Girardeau, Mo. Client: Private industrial company. Firm: Geosyntec Consultants
• Design and Construction of Manchester Water Works Storage Tanks, Manchester. Client: City of Manchester. Firm: Tighe & Bond Inc.
• Your Guide to Promoting Walking and Bicycling Accommodations. Client: NH Department of Transportation. Firm: Resource Systems Group Inc.
• Progress vs. Preservation: River Bend Mill Redevelopment Project Location, Franklin. Client: CATCH Neighborhood Housing. Firm: Nobis Engineering Inc.
• Gardiner Combined Overflow Sewer Project , Gardiner, Maine. Client: City of Gardiner. Firm: Hoyle, Tanner & Associates Inc.
• Statewide Rest Area and Welcome Center Study Project Location: Statewide Study. Client: NHDOT Firm: AECOM
• Downtown Vision Plan and Tunnel Assessment, Lebanon. Client: City of Lebanon. Firm: VHB
• RiverWalk at Loon Mountain-Phase 1, Lincoln. Client: InnSeason Resorts. Firm: Hoyle, Tanner & Associates Inc.
• Broad Street Parkway-Environmental, Nashua. Client: City of Nashua. Firm: Sanborn Head.