BIA forum looks at ‘Housing and Hiring’
Panel to discuss effects of availability, affordability in NH
The Business and Industry Association of New Hampshire will be hosting its 2015 Housing Forum on Sept. 11 with a focus on workforce housing in the Granite State and its impact on hiring, retention and productivity.
The forum, “Housing and Hiring: What Employers Need to Know About Workforce Housing,” is sponsored by the NH Housing Finance Authority and presented in partnership with Housing Action NH and the Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast. The forum will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel in Manchester.
A panel will address how housing availability and affordability impact the decisions of young professionals considering careers in New Hampshire, as well as how innovative housing projects and regional planning fit into the picture. Panelists include:
• James Vayo, project manager, Renaissance Downtown
• Rebecca Perkins, founder, 603 Initiative and associate general counsel, Enel Green Power North America
• Carolyn Maloney, treasurer, Hypertherm Inc.
• Nate Miller, executive director, Upper Valley/Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission
• Bill Weidacher, NH Association of Realtors
Cost to attend the luncheon is $35 for BIA and Capitol Connect members and members of partnering organizations, and $49 for others.
To register, click here. For more information, call 603-224-5388, ext. 101.