Assisted living center owner named NH’s Small Business Person of the Year
Sara Nadeau, other SBA award winners to be honored during National Small Business Week
Sara B. Nadeau of Lee, owner of Carriage Hill Assisted Living of Madbury, has been named New Hampshire’s Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Nadeau and other New Hampshire SBA award winners will be honored at an annual Small Business Week celebration hosted by the SBA New Hampshire District Office and the NH Bankers Association, set for 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. May 12 at the Manchester Country Club in Bedford.
Nadeau, who grew up in Madbury attended the University of New Hampshire and then earned her MBA and a master’s in international relations at Boston University.
After serving as an officer in the U.S. Air Force Medical Service Corps and then at a community hospital, Nadeau’s entrepreneurial journey began in 2013 when she partnered with her husband and brother to design Carriage Hill Assisted Living, which opened in 2015.
A 24-bed traditional assisted living residence, The project was financed with a SBA 504 loan from Granite State Development Corporation and third-party lender, Optima Bank & Trust, now Cambridge Trust.
“Sara is a perfect example of how through hard work and perseverance a committed entrepreneur can succeed through extremely challenging times,” said Amy Bassett, district director of the New Hampshire SBA office, in a prepared statement.
Other 2022 NH Small Business Week Award Winners, who will also be honored at the May 12 event, are:
- Home-Based Business: Lynne Beernaert, Hug Patrol, Newmarket.
- Micro-Enterprise: Kelly E. Jewett, Bog Road Designs, Concord.
- District Director Award: Steve Kesselring, Your Oil Tools, Hooksett.
- Veteran-Owned Business (New Hampshire and New England): Adam ‘AJ’ Jarnagin, Expansia, Nashua.
- Woman Owned Business: Jennifer Legere, A Place to Grow, Brentwood.
- Minority-Owned: Nizar Jhaver, Global American Sales Inc., Hudson.
- Financial Services Champion: Denise Roy-Palmer, Wentworth Economic Development Corp., Wolfeboro.
- Small Business Manufacturer: Mark Sullivan, Environmental Devices Corp., Plaistow.
- Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Business Award (New Hampshire and New England): Fritz Family Electrical Installations LLC., Moultonborough.
• Small Business Champion: Heather Turner, Merrimack Valley SCORE, Manchester.