ABC of NH/VT honors construction excellence
15 projects, 12 contractors honored in 22nd awards presentation
Fifteen projects and 12 construction companies were honored Oct. 29 at the Associated Builders & Contractors New Hampshire Vermont’s 22nd annual Excellence in Construction.
Projects were recognized for their quality standards, safety and the individual “heroes” on the project and their efforts to get the job done, according to Josh Reap, president and CEO of the ABC chapter.
DEW Construction Corp. took home the top honor, the Chairman’s Award, which was presented for its work on construction of the Golden Brook Elementary School in Windham and concurrent and renovation work at Windham Middle School. The judges said the complexity of the scheduling and building around an active school helped the DEW team earn the prestigious award.
Other winners were:
- Cianbro, ECU Module Project
- Atlantic Prefab, Portsmouth Medical Park: Building A
- DECCO, Tri-K Proteins Plant Relocation
- Eckman Construction, The Derryfield School Athletic & Wellness Center/Science & Innovation Center
- Eckman Construction, Keene State College Cohen Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies
- Exterior Designs, The Pioneer
- North Branch Construction, private lakefront residence in Sunapee
- Procon, AC Hotel by Marriott
- ReArch Company, Burlington Emergency & Veterinary Specialists (BEVS)
- Atlantic Prefab, All American Assisted Living
- Atlantic Prefab, Garrahy Courthouse Parking Garage
- Bonnette, Page & Stone, Hampton Academy Renovation and Addition
- Fulcrum Associates, 6th District Court Probate Division
- Sullivan Construction, Catholic Medical Center Vein & Viscose Specialties
Entries were judged by a panel of engineers, architects and contractors who evaluated each project’s challenges and solutions along with the uniqueness of the project.
A recording of the presentation and individual project awards are available at abcnhvt.org.