NH bankruptcies in October fall from September
Slight jump from 2015 as 10 filings are related to businesses
Some 138 New Hampshire individuals and businesses filed for bankruptcy protection in October, some 21 fewer than last month, and two more than October 2015. And last October had the fewest recorded bankruptcies of any October since 1988.
Still, the numbers may be hitting a bit of a plateau after five straight years of annual double-digit declines – bankruptcies declined by 20 percent each year for the last three years. We are now 9.75 percent behind last year’s pace.
There were 10 bankruptcies due to business-related debt in October, one more than September. Three were individual filings related to business debt, but seven of those filings were by the businesses themselves. However, five of the business filings were affiliated with two companies, so only four entities went bankrupt, compared to two in September.
Performance Sports Group is not included in the list because the Exeter-based sporting goods company filed in Delaware and Ontario.
Business filings are:
• 362 Route 108 Realty Trust, Somersworth, filed Oct. 3, Chapter 11. Assets $50,000. Liabilities: $957,067.
• M.A.D. Anne Courier Logistics LLC, Epsom, filed Oct. 7, Chapter 7. Assets: $13,714. Liabilities: $123,156.
• Olive Branch Real Estate Development LLC, Holderness, filed Oct. 13, Chapter 11. Assets: Less than $50,000. Liabilities: $100,000 to $500,000.
• 25 Lang St. LLC (affiliated with Olive Branch, Holderness), filed Oct. 13, Chapter 11. Assets: Less than $50,000. Liabilities: $100,000 to $500,000.
• Pitcherville Sand & Gravel Corp., Greenville, filed Oct 15, Chapter 7. Assets: $0. Liabilities: $44,000.
• Pitcherville Sand & Gravel Inc., Greenville, filed Oct. 15, Chapter 7. Assets: 0. Liabilities: $136,762.
• Pitcherville Transportation Inc., Greenville, filed Oct. 15, Chapter 7. Assets: Less than $9. Liabilities: $132,762.