The Granite YMCA
Areas of Impact:
- More than 220,000 meals served to the Greater Manchester Community through partnership created with Manchester School District, Granite United Way, Southern New Hampshire University and generous organization and individual donors.
- 27 child care sites operating which provided a safe place for children that emphasized award-winning character development curriculum, healthy living, academic performance and our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and courage.
- Partnered with 16 school districts across NH and provided flexible and innovative approaches which met the schools, students and parents where they were.
- More than 5,000 members in our communities were provided financial assistance to participate in programs and services.
- 325,628 people were reached through our Facebook pages in FY21.
- Virtual wellness classes were provided free of charge throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
- PASTA Programs were expanded into Manchester and Goffstown in addition to Greater Londonderry to support grandparents who find themselves raising their grandchildren.
Last year, we served more than 35,000 children, teens and adults from 32 different communities across New Hampshire, and partnered with 95 local community organizations. We also provided over $1.84 million in financial assistance to more than 21,510 youth, families and adults to ensure that all, regardless of ability to pay, are able to engage with the Y in the communities we serve.
The Granite YMCA is better, stronger and kinder together because of our generous donors. Each year, through our Annual Campaign, donor gifts provide financial assistance to ensure that all YMCA programs can continue to serve those in our communities who need them the most. These programs and services include educational programs, child care, summer overnight and summer day camps, swim lessons, sports instructions, grandparents support, diabetes prevention, health and nutrition information and much more.
The Granite YMCA 2022 Annual Giving Campaign runs Nov. 1, 2021, through April 30, 2022. The 2022 campaign theme is: Better, Stronger, Kinder, Together. This theme was chosen to celebrate the spirit of joining as a community to help address needs in all cities and towns served by The Granite YMCA.
The Granite YMCA Legacy Society was created to provide those who believe the work of the YMCA the opportunity to bequeath a gift to the branch and/or camp they believe in and support.
Interested donors should contact JR Ristaino at (603) 782-2805 or access the donation link at www.graniteymca.org/support