NHCF offers $3m in funds for North Country programs
The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation has announced that $3 million are available through the Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund to support community efforts in the North Country.
This is the second year of funding the Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund, an advised fund of the NHCF.
The fund is open to nonprofit organizations and community groups in Dixville and surrounding towns in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and Quebec that are focused on education, economic development, conservation and sustainable forestry and community safety net issues.
The fund seeks to support programs that:
• Strengthen existing institutions in the North Country region
• Address gaps in services to meet basic needs
• Support and strengthen existing and emerging community leaders
• Strengthen ability of communities and individuals to impact public policy
• Preserve and enhance the natural, cultural and social assets of the North Country
• Leverage public and private funding
“We are delighted to announce this second round of grant funds and are honored to support the generosity of Mr. and Mrs. Tillotson,” said Racheal Stuart, vice president of program at the NHCF. “These new funds will build on the good work already supported by the Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund, which has distributed more than $2 million since it was established last year.”
The deadlines for applications are October 1, 2007, and April 1, 2008. Grant requests of up to $100,000 will be considered. Approximately $3 million will be awarded by July 2008 through these additional funds.
Applications and additional information are available through the NHCF by visiting www.nhcf.org or call 603-225-6641. — CINDY KIBBE