BIA sets policy roundtables
The Business and Industry Association will begin holding its annual policy development roundtables next month with a series of 14 forums around the state.
The roundtables are designed to allow businesspeople and others in different parts of the state list their challenges and concerns and help shape the BIA’s legislative and regulatory agenda for the upcoming legislative session.
BIA President Jim Roche said the roundtables are the first step in the organization’s four-pronged policy development process.
“We talk with business leaders and chamber and trade association executives about top business issues facing New Hampshire and ask for their recommendations about what the BIA should do to address these issues at the state level,” he said.
BIA partners with chambers of commerce and business associations throughout New Hampshire to host and publicize the events in different regions to ensure a diverse representation of business interests. Each session lasts about an hour and a half. They begin with an overview of the BIA’s current business agenda and results from the legislative session, followed by a discussion and ranking of top business issues for the coming year.
This year’s roundtables will be held:
• June 7, 9-10:30 a.m.: MARKEM Corp., 150 Congress St., Keene
• June 7, 2-3:30 p.m.: NH Ball Bearing, 175 Jaffrey Rd., Peterborough
• June 12, 9-10:30 a.m.: Southern NH Medical Center, 8 Prospect St., Nashua
• June 12, 2-3:30 p.m.: Unitil, 6 Liberty Lane West, Hampton
• June 13, 9-10:30 a.m.: NH Electric Cooperative, 287 Highland St., Plymouth
• June 13, 2-3:30 p.m.: Glen Group, 170 Kearsarge St., North Conway
• June 14, 9-10:30 a.m.: Isaacson Structural Steel, 40 Jericho Rd., Berlin
• June 14, 2-3:30 p.m.: Littleton Coin, 1309 Mt. Eustis Rd., Littleton
• June 19, 9-10:30 a.m.: Centurion Insurance Group, Route 10, Hanover
• June 19, 2-3:30 p.m.: Sturm, Ruger and Co., 411 Sunapee St., Newport
• June 26, 9-10:30 a.m.: Laconia Savings Bank, Mutual Way, Gilford
• June 26, 2-3:30 p.m.: Lincoln Financial Group, 1 Granite Place, Concord
• June 28, 9:30-11 a.m.: Pierce Atwood, 1 New Hampshire Ave., Portsmouth
• June 28, 2-3:30 p.m.: Devine Millimet, 111 Amherst St., Manchester
For more information, contact Katherine Tomlinson at 224-5388, ext. 116, or visit acteva.com/go/nhbia. — JEFF FEINGOLD