Presented with Eastern Bank, the Outstanding Women in Business Awards celebrate the success and achievements of women across the state’s diverse business community.
The Outstanding Women in Business Awards celebrate women who have truly excelled, not only in their professional lives, but as leaders and role models. While many of these women come from different industries and walks of life, they share several traits — a strong sense of self, a success-driven work ethic and the extraordinary accomplishments to show for it.
Their commitment, vision and talents make them true leaders in their chosen fields.
Nominations will be accepted through January 7, 2015.
Five tips to writing a great nomination:
• Answer each question thoroughly as required in each section and use paragraphs, if necessary, to separate the answers.
• Success can be illustrated in terms of staffing, resources, partnerships, volunteering, donations (both time and monetary), and inner strength by overcoming obstacles, etc. Take the time to explain the nominee's successes both professionally and personally.
• Stay away from acronyms or abbreviations that are industry specific unless you can offer an explanation in layman's terms.
• Letters of referral are one of the most powerful ways to support a nomination. Letters often share inside stories about the nominee and lend credibility that this person has done great things above and beyond business interests.
• The nomination should be professional, but have a heart.