Fire destroys farm cottage

No one was injured when a two-alarm fire destroyed a small farm cottage on Temple Road, in Wilton, on Friday morning.

The likely cause was an electrical cord connected to the blower of a propane heater, said Wilton Deputy Chief Dave Boissonnault.

The cottage is located on property owned by Trauger Groh and was rented to Francine Yeager, who was not home at the time.

The fire was reported at 7:11 a.m., said Boissonnault, and knocked down within minutes. Firefighters were there until 11 a.m.

Three Wilton trucks responded to the scene, as well as at least five more from Milford, Greenville and Lyndeborough, while Milford and Lyndeborough covered the Wilton station.

The cottage, an approximately 24- by 20-foot, two-story building, is located across from the main farmhouse.