Family displaced, 3 cats dead in fire

An unknown number of occupants were displaced and three cats perished in a trailer fire Christmas Eve.

Nashua Fire Rescue responded to a fire at 15 Eric Ave. in Rodgers Mobile Home Park at 11:32 a.m. and found a trailer fully involved, according to Deputy Chief John Allison.

“The trailer was a total loss,” he said.

All of the occupants were safely evacuated, but three cats perished, he said. The cause of the fire was an overloaded extension cord, which had a space heater plugged into it, he said.

The NH Gateway Chapter of the American Red Cross said it met with family members on the scene and is working with the family to assess and meet any emergency needs it has.