NH Jump$tart Coalition
Committed to Improving the Financial Literacy of NH’s Youth
Our specific goals for 2019 are to continue our popular programs and activities: FinLit300 — a high school tournament focusing on financial literacy; the I Can Save! Tour of second grade classroom presentations emphasizing the difference between needs vs. wants; the Accounting on the Horizon presentations, in partnership with the NH Society of Certified Public Accountants; our annual teacher training workshop known as Classroom Connections; and our annual charity golf tournament. Additionally, we will continue to promote our recent statewide study of New Hampshire schools, identifying where a personal finance course is required for graduation.
Kids & Money — at the beginning of each year, we conduct our “Kids & Money” campaign where organizations and individuals can make a tax-deductible donation with a credit or debit card online through our website. Annual Golf Tournament — held each August, this annual fundraiser provides necessary support for the upcoming academic year.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support NH Jump$tart every time you shop! When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to us!
NH Jump$tart has formed the following volunteer opportunities through its committees:
- Education Committee — Provides teacher training, coordinates the FinLit300 program, and conducts the annual statewide teacher training conference.
- Early Awareness Committee — Identifies methods and events for young children to introduce them the importance of learning a savings habit at an early age.
- Policy and Advocacy Committee — Conducts outreach to the educational, legislative and civic communities by informing them of the coalition’s activities and programs.
- Public Affairs Committee — Provides marketing and promotional support to all coalition committees.
- Golf Tournament Committee — Responsible for the coordination of this annual fundraising event.
Board Officers / Board Members
President and CEO, Members First Credit Union
Vice President/Financial Consultant, RBC Wealth Management
Financial Education Consultant
Associate Vice President of Enrollment, Granite State College
Senior Loan Officer, Premier Mortgage Lending
Business Education Teacher, Goffstown High School
Vice President for College Planning & Community Engagement NHHEAF Network Organizations
Loan Servicing, Merrimack County Savings Bank
Franchise Owner, Ameriprise Financial
Hearing Officer, NH Department of Labor