Granite State Independent Living
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) assists seniors and people with disabilities by providing home care, community-based disabilities supports, education and employment services. With support from community partners and friends like you, GSIL helps individuals live independently throughout New Hampshire. In 2019, GSIL will continue:
• Assisting 1,000+ at-risk students with education, transition and career goals;
• Supporting 300+ adults with employment goals to increase financial self-sufficiency;
• Providing home care for 500+ seniors and persons with disabilities to ensure quality of life;
• Providing 80+ individuals with home modifications, durable medical equipment and more to increase safety and accessibility;
• Advocating for personal care and other disability services in the community.
Get involved in one of our spirited events by signing up, volunteering or becoming a sponsor!
• Hoops on Wheels – GSIL’s signature wheelchair basketball tournament geared to help spread awareness about the challenges of living with disabilities –
• Chipping in FORE! Independence – Charity golf event to help raise funds that directly support our mission of promoting quality of life with independence – www.gsil.org/golf
For a complete listing of our upcoming fundraisers and events, please visit www.gsil.org/events.
You have the power to make a difference in the life of your New Hampshire neighbor. GSIL offers a variety of ways to invest in a cause meaningful to you. No matter how big or small, your gift will make a lasting change in the life of a senior or a person with a disability in your local community. To help support your neighbors with disabilities, please visit www.gsil.org/donate and make a gift today. Interested in a corporate membership? Learn more at www.gsil.org/donate or chat with us at 603-228-9680.
Do you want to give back to your community? Volunteers are an important and valued part of our GSIL family. We continue to be a successful organization because of volunteers like you who help with GSIL events, fundraising efforts and more! The money we save from volunteer work allows us to focus our funds on helping seniors and individuals with disabilities live independently. Every person, every minute, every dollar helps change lives. To get involved, please visit www.gsil.org/volunteer and find out how YOU can make a difference.
Board Officers / Board Members
- L. Eric Schlepphorst, MD
Nephrology Associates, P.A.
- Terry Scott
1st Vice Chair
NH Fisher Cats
- Theo Vougias
2nd Vice Chair
- Liza Colby
Colby Counseling of NH
- Ken Traum
State of New Hampshire
- Ron Hoy
- Paul Perry
- Sara Lauze
Merrimack County Savings Bank
- Lorna Greer
NH Human Rights Commission
- Geoffrey Souther
- Carol Conforti-Adams
Sunset Hill Educational Institute