Economist Zandi to keynote ‘Partners in Housing’ conference
Also featured: Panel of N.H. experts to look at economic development
Mark Zandi, Moody Analytics’ chief economist, will be the keynote speaker at “Partners in Housing,” the New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority’s annual Economic and Housing Market Update Conference.
The event will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Oct. 29, at the Center of New Hampshire, Manchester.
Zandi, whose research interests encompass macroeconomics, financial markets and public policy, will discuss his recent research on mortgage finance reform and the determinants of mortgage foreclosure and personal bankruptcy.
Partners in Housing also will feature a panel of New Hampshire experts who will discuss the state's economic development. In addition New Hampshire Housing's research and data on current housing market trends will be presented.
Panelists will be:
• Dean Christon, executive director, New Hampshire Housing
• Carmen Lorentz, director, New Hampshire Division of Economic Development
• Jim Roche, president, Business and Industry Association of New Hampshire
• Kendall Buck, executive vice president, New Hampshire Home Builders Association
• William Weidacher, New Hampshire Association of Realtors
• Christiana Thornton, president and CEO, New Hampshire Bankers Association.
For more information, visit nhhfa.org.