MRSA closes school wrestling room



Published:

LONDONDERRY (AP) - A Londonderry Middle School student has been diagnosed with MRSA, a stubborn staph infection, and his school has closed its wrestling room as a precaution. The boy's mother said the infection started as a sore on his knee. MRSA is resistant to some antibiotics and is transmitted by skin-to-skin contact or shared items like towels, razors or bandages. Health officials are not sure where the boy contracted the infection, but as a precaution, the school has closed and disinfected its wrestling room. The boy is a member of the wrestling team.

 

NHBR Poll