Gas leak forces evacuation of residents at two motels



Published:

MERRIMACK - Guests and staff at two motels on the Daniel Webster Highway in Merrimack were evacuated following a gas leak at a propane gas distributor. Merrimack Fire Chief Mike Currier said the gas levels from the Bot-L-Gas plant were high enough to cause an explosion. The New Hampshire Union Leader reported residents at the Comfort Inn and Residence Inn were told they had to leave. A desk clerk at the Residence Inn said 90 of the 129 rooms were occupied at the time. A section of the highway was closed for more than an hour Sunday night. Currier said the plant's shutoff system allowed officials to quickly turn off the valves.
Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit Module
Edit ModuleShow Tags