Future In Sight
Helping People with Vision Loss Live Independently
Future In Sight is committed to maintaining its leadership role in the education of children and the preeminent provider of rehabilitation, training and occupational therapy services for adults and seniors with vision loss. In the coming year, Future In Sight will:
• Expand outreach efforts to serve the over 30,000 New Hampshire residents with sight loss with a range of education, rehabilitation, technology and peer support programs to a range of age groups such as: infants/toddlers and school-aged children and their parents, along with adults and seniors living with sight loss.
• Continue efforts to innovate our service model based on strategic planning efforts and client research.
• Expand our work in education to include teacher training and expansion into technology through our partnership with the NH Department of Education.
We will hold our 15th annual signature Walk for Sight on Saturday, June 2nd. This event generates hundreds of attendees and raises more than $100,000 for vital vision rehabilitation programs and services. There are multiple sponsorship levels available that provide you or your business valuable marketing benefits. In addition, our advisory groups plan and host annual Dinners in the Dark in regions around the state, which provide for a unique, sensory dining experience for all. Enjoy your senses of taste, touch and smell on a culinary journey, all while blindfolded. For a complete list of events hosted throughout the year, please visit our website at futureinsight.org/stay-informed/events.
There are several ways in which individuals, businesses and organizations can support the mission of Future In Sight. They include:
• Help Spread the Word — Visit our office for regular tours of our mission to hear from our clients about the services we provide.
• Donate — Visit futureinsight.org/donate to learn more about the ways to give.
• Join an Advisory Committee — our participation in building awareness of Future In Sight in your community strengthens public awareness of the needs of those with vision loss or blindness and increases the agency’s ability to reach those in need of services.
• Sponsor our Walk for Sight — There are many sponsorship opportunities available for our signature fundraising event. Please contact our development office at 603-565-2424
Individuals can give their time to make a world of difference in the lives of our clients, who live throughout all counties in New Hampshire. The inability to drive is the most significant limiting aspect for a person with a visual impairment; but with the help of a crew of dedicated volunteers, Future In Sight is able to provide transportation for clients to appointments, food shopping, etc. There are several other volunteer opportunities which include special event support, in-home visiting and administrative support. To learn more call 603-565-2409 or visit futureinsight.org/volunteer-form.
Board Officers / Board Members:
- Randy Pierce
Chairperson of the Board
- Nate Abbott
1st Vice Chairperson
- Terri Mcgrew
2nd Vice Chairperson
- Gracie Cilley
- Thomas J. Pare
- Maureen Kelliher
- Susan Manchester, Esq.
Immediate Past Chair