The Financial Executive Awards honor New Hampshire's top financial officers and executives for their outstanding fiscal leadership and asset management.
Financial Executive of the Year Awards will be presented to one individual in each of the following categories:
• Small for-profit company (Revenues of $20 million and below)
• Medium for-profit company (Revenues of $20 - $100 million)
• Large for-profit company (Revenues of $100 million and above)
• Small nonprofit (Revenues of $10 million and below)
• Large nonprofit (Revenues of $10 million and above)
• Business investor (A new award honoring individual and angel investors, institutional banking investors and those working through venture capital and private equity firms who support and drive business through strategic financial decision making)
Nominations for the 2014 Financial Executive Awards will be accepted through March 21, 2014. Nominations may be made via the online nomination form. In addition to the nomination form, we welcome you to email or mail us supporting materials and documents for your nominee. Nominators may provide such materials as: letters of recommendation, commendation and awards.
Supplemental materials can be mailed to:
150 Dow Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Submit a nomination for the 2014 awards.
WHO CAN SUBMIT A NOMINATION
Anyone may submit a nomination in any category. Employees, bankers, attorneys, and public relations managers are excellent sources for nominators.
We recommend nominating a financial executive or officer who has made an outstanding contribution to his/her company's performance as well as to the New Hampshire business community over the past year. Please note that all nominated persons must work or have their office based in New Hampshire.
Achievements of the nominee may be measured in terms of:
• Improvement of overall financial performance as indicated by: revenue growth, profit margins, market cap and balance sheets.
• Managing rapid growth by providing necessary services and infrastructure
• Achieving operational efficiency through cost reduction and cash flow improvement
• Innovative financing
• Risk management innovation and improvement
• Capital structure improvement
• Implementation of best practices in finance
• Strategic acquisition or divestiture - including implementation and integration
• Fostering strategic partnerships
• Attracting new customers or contracts
• Improving competitive position within the marketplace
• Elevation of the company image within the industry
• Performing in difficult circumstances
• Serving in a mentorship role
• Volunteering time and/or services within the community
Nominations will be judged by an independent panel of respected New Hampshire financial and business professionals. Consideration will be given to the individual's contributions to his or her company/organization's overall growth, commitment to good ethics, effective reporting and involvement in the community. Note: Selection will not be based solely on record monetary results. Accomplishments come in many forms and each will be considered on their merit by the judging panel.
QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP?
If you have questions about the nomination process or nomination questions, please contact NHBR Editor Jeff Feingold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having technical problems with the nomination form please contact Morgen Connor at email@example.com.
Congratulations to the 2013 Financial Executive of the Year winners:
• Jody Holt, CFO, Single Digits, Small For-Profit Co.
• Mark Fenske, CFO/owner, Great NH Restaurants, Medium For-Profit Co.
• Tim Scullin, CFO, Sig Sauer, Large For-Profit Co.
• Cynthia L. Read, CFO, Granite United Way, Small Non-Profit
• Michael Wilson, CFO/VP of finance, NH Charitable Foundation, Large Non-Profit
View photos from the 2013 Financial Executive of the Year Awards taken on Tuesday, May 14. Congratulations to all of this year's recipients and honorees.