N.H. bankruptcy filings start 2014 on the right track
23% fewer in January than a year ago
When it comes to New Hampshire bankruptcy filings, 2014 started where 2013 left off, which is relatively good news, since December had the lowest number of filings last year.
Indeed, the 209 January bankruptcy filings gets this year off to a much better start than 2013. It’s 23 percent fewer than the number filed in January of 2013. And 2013 had a fifth fewer than 2012, and the lowest number since 2007. (This was the lowest number of bankruuptcy filings in the first month since 2007 as well.)
Six Granite State businesses filed for protection in January, three fewer than in December.
• Alpha Asbestos Abatement Inc., Bedford, filed Jan. 7, Chapter 11. Assets: $1,014,964. Liabilities: $322,700.
• Smile with Words, Concord, filed Jan. 9, Chapter 7. Assets: $25,785. Liabilities: $ 87,134.18. (Individual filing)
• Mayo's Screenprinting and Embroidery, Laconia, filed Jan. 15, Chapter 7. Assets: $15,306. Liabilities: $98,963. (Individual filing)
• All Covered Flooring, Canaan, filed Jan. 16, Chapter 7. Assets: $3,675 Liabilities: $44,050. (Individual filing)
• Finish Construction LLC, Nashua, filed Jan. 31, Chapter 7. Assets: $20,679. Liabilities: $319,813. (Individual filing)
• Breandan Garland Trucking, Greenfield, filed Jan. 31, Chapter 7. Assets: $5,530. Liabilities: $ 79,460. (Individual filing).Edit ModuleShow Tags