People and Property: Real Estate and Construction News Rundown
Baker Newman expansion, Stebbins deals … and more
Baker Newman Noyes has leased the entire third floor – a total of 14,705 feet – at 650 Elm St. in Manchester, the Center of New Hampshire office tower. The lease includes a 2,500-square-foot expansion to accommodate the firm’s recent merger with William Steele & Associates.
Cushman & Wakefield’s executive director, Thomas P. Farrelly, and Roxane Cole of Roxane Cole Real Estate of Portland, Maine, represented Baker Newman. C&W’s associate director, Sue Ann Johnson, and director, Denis Dancoes, represented JPA Management, the landlord, in the transaction.
Stebbins Commercial Properties Inc., Manchester, has announced a series of transactions:
• The sale of 13 River Rd., Hudson, to Bovingson Realty LLC of Manchester. Mike Reed, president of Stebbins, represented the landlord, Stephen J. Desjardins of Hudson, and assisted Bovingson Realty LLC. According to the Registry of Deeds the sale price was $1.3 million.
• The sale of 99 Hanover St., Manchester, to JJMT LLC of Manchester. Reed represented the landlord, Child & Family Services Inc. of Manchester, and assisted the buyer. According to the Registry of Deeds the sale price was $595,000.
• The sale of 696 Mast Rd., Goffstown, to Fair Deal Enterprises Inc., Manchester. Reed represented the landlord, Sarette Group LLC of Goffstown, and assisted the buyer. According to the Registry of Deeds the sale price was $330,000.
• The sale of 706 Riverway Place, Bedford, to Dr. Joshua Dion of Londonderry. Reed represented the landlord, Pulmonary Medicine Associates PC of Bedford. According to the Registry of Deeds the sale price was $130,000.
• A three-year lease at 248 Old Candia Rd., Auburn, to A&E Novelty Company. Reed represented the landlord, GSSR Inc. of Auburn, and assisted the tenant.
Brookstone Builders Inc., Manchester, recently completed an energy conservation and renovation project for the U.S. Navy at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
The scope-of-work involved a refit-up of an existing building at the shipyard, including the installation of a new energy-efficient roof with restored trusses, historical window restoration, installation of storm windows and the reconstruction of a roof monitor, along with new mechanical and electrical systems.
The Regional Economic Development Center of Southern New Hampshire has named Craig Jewett, president of Jewett Construction Co., Raymond, to its board of directors.
Nobis Engineering Inc., Concord has promoted Jason Azar to associate. Azar is a senior project manager with 17 years of experience in civil engineering planning, design and construction oversight.
Lance Noyes has joined the Manchester-based Metro Walls team as project manager.
Jones & Beach Engineers Inc., Stratham, has announced that Barry W. Gier has been named a vice president owner of the firm. Gier previously held positions with firms in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Kansas.