This half marathon race follows the shores of the "Big Lake"-- Lake Winnipesaukee. Pick up your cadence on the flats, bear down on the hills, but make sure to admire the vistas and the horizon, as it’s filled with views of the White Mountains and the lake itself.
Top Five Reasons to Run the Race:
1. If you like to run in and around beautiful scenery, then this race is for you. On a clear day, you will be able to look across the lake and see the White Mountains...which still may be white! The half marathon guides you through some back roads where the local residents will be cheering you on, then you finish in downtown Alton right on the pier where hundreds will welcome you in with cowbells (you're welcome parents) and cheers.
2. Feel good knowing that a portion of your race fee will be donated to showHOPE.org. This is an organization that provides for the needs of orphans, primarily in China, but other countries as well before they find their forever family. The need may be a blanket or money towards a needed surgery. If you can't adopt, you can still help...by registering online here!
3. Schwag. A unique tech shirt (will release the design soon), cowbells, a bragging "stickah", party food and water stops that are trying to outdo each other should make the whole experience rewarding.
4. Experience. The two companies that have partnered have a combined 10-plus years in course management experience and in 2012 alone handled; 200+ miles of road and trail course setup/management, 12,000+ runners, 100,000+ cups of water (recycled where possible) and countless memories. We are taking the best of what we know to make this the best Big Lake Half Marathon ever (read: this ain't our first rodeo).
5. USATF Certified and chip timed. This means that, while not the flattest course ever, it is a great spring race to accurately measure your fitness level for the summer racing season.
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.