The law firm of Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green PA will host the 25th Annual Employment Law Review and Update on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013. The theme of this year’s event is Winning Strategies in a Changing Workplace.
The program is designed for human resource managers, finance managers, office managers, payroll professionals, controllers, accountants, CFOs, CEOs and other managers. Presented by attorneys from the firm’s Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits, Health Care and Business Litigation groups, it will focus on several important topics in employment law and human resources management including:
· Recent Developments in Labor & Employment Law
· Practical Guide to Managing Employee Attendance
· Tips on Complying with the ACA
· Impact of NLRB Decisions on Non-Union Workplaces
· Responding to Internal Complaints and Avoiding Whistleblower Claims
· Workplace Privacy and Limits on Employer Monitoring Activities
· Defending Against Discrimination and Retaliation Claims
· Checking Compliance with Overtime Exemptions
· How to Best Prepare for and Handle a Termination Session
· Update on Enforcement of Noncompetition and Related Agreements
Breakout Sessions –
· I-9 Audit Update
· Employment Compliance for Not-for-Profit Organizations
· ERISA Plan Compliance Correction
The one-day program will be held at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord, NH. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and the program runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The cost of the event is $240 per person and includes breakfast, lunch and seminar materials.
To register for the seminar, please contact Liz Teasck at 603.627.8105 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Early registration is recommended to ensure a seat as this event sells out every year.